20130722

hope-mystery-truth

"But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope;
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my Portion,' says my soul,
'therefore I will hope in Him.'
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
to the soul who seeks Him."
(Lamentations 3:21-25)

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
Also, He has put eternity into man's heart,
yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."
(Ecclesiastes 3:11)

"What are these deep feelings of failure and fear?
They are the merciful gift of God telling us that we are sinners in need of a Savior.
...God has made a way for Himself to be both just and the Justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."
(John Piper)

No comments:

Post a Comment